Showing all 2 results
All you need to know about Vicodin
The combination of Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone forms Vicodin, which is an opioid medications drug.
Hydrocodone treats you when you are in pain.
If you are in more pain, then it gets combined with Hydrocodone that relieves the pain.
When combined, this drug treats severe pain and relaxes the body muscles, and you will get relief from your pain.
You need to take care when taking this medicine as it can affect your brain or other body parts.
It would benefit if you did not use it for any mild pain as it can make you addicted, which will affect your thinking process and be physically dependent on this medicine.
This drug is in a generic form that means you can find it very quickly at an affordable price.
It comes under oral tablets and oral solutions.
You should not take this medicine when you are taking this as an overdose, misuse, a diversion that can include addiction and make you physically dependent.
What is the critical information you should know?
If you take this medicine, you should know that Hydrocodone can stop your breathing or fluctuate your heart rates.
You take this medicine as directed by the doctor.
Before taking this medicine, you should review this medicine. To be precise, this medicine comes under black-box warnings. You should be aware that Vicodin comes under black-box signs, which means you should take precautions before taking this medicine.
This medicine can make you physically dependent, and you may not understand or think properly.
This medicine can also affect your brain.
We recommend you take proper care before using this medicine.
If you are getting any symptoms of side effects while taking this medicine that includes skin rash and redness, you should contact the doctor immediately.
You might feel hesitant about calling the doctor for every symptom or side effect, but this is how you can treat yourself. Make yourself accessible and contact the doctor if you have any medical history affecting your body.
If you did not decide by increasing the dose, it would benefit as it can cause any overdose symptoms.
Essential things you should know before taking Vicodin
If you take this medicine, then take instructions from the doctor. You should not take this medicine when not prescribed by the doctor, even the overdose of this medicine can cause fatal effects on your brain and the body.
You should consult the doctor if you are under any other disease or illness. This include:
- Liver problems
- Lung problems as this medicine can directly attack your lung that can cause breathlessness or paused heart rates
- Kidney problems- If you are suffering from kidney problems, then that can make your body interact negatively as the medicine will not metabolize in your body
- Mental effects like hallucinations or depression- if you were under medical treatment for a mental disorder, this can worsen your illness as this medicine attacks the receptors of your brain
- Head injuries
- Urination problems
- If you are expecting a child or want to be pregnant, inform the doctor about it, as this medicine can affect the unborn baby.
- If you are breastfeeding your baby, you must be so worried. Do not worry about it. Just take special care of your baby and inform your doctor in advance so that the baby is under observation.
How should you take Vicodin?
Vicodin can be fatal for your body if not taken seriously. You should follow the instructions of your doctor. Your dose will be different from other patient’s doses, so do not use their prescriptions for your treatment.
Your dose will be dependent on you that means
- Your age should not be more than 65 years of age and below 18 years.
- The severity of the pain that implies if your pain is mild, then you will not be using this medicine, or it is severe, then you may require proper medical treatment
- Your size also affects the treatment
- Your doctor will also observe if you are allergic to these medicines
- Your medical history is the major problem in the treatment as it can make any medicines interact with your body.
Take this medicine after proper reviewing and observing from your doctor.
If you are getting physically dependent on these drugs, you must remember, as we told you before, not to take any extra dose that can cause overdose symptoms.
If you are taking this medicine, then it is your responsibility to store your medication so that no one else takes it without prescriptions and store it at an average temperature where moisture and temperature are negligible.
Follow the instructions given by your doctor. You may be careless about the prescriptions and instructions are provided by the doctor. However, it is an essential part of your treatment.
We only want you to give some informative idea of the dosage. Consult your medical institutions or the doctor for any further treatments.
If your age is above 18 and your weight is over 48 kg, then take Vicodin 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours. The tablets are 5mg or300mg.
If the tablet milligrams range from 7.5 to 10mg, take one tablet every 4-6 hours. This drug has the standard dose for your treatment if you still suffer from the pain or urge to take more pills.
You should contact the doctor. We recommend keeping this tablet away from children.
What will happen if you overdose on Vicodin?
If you overdose on this medicine, it can affect your body in 24-48 hours. The overdose symptoms can be mild or severe in your body. If you live with your caregiver, ask them to contact the doctor immediately or any Poison Helpline number. Contact your immediately even if you are feeling normal as this can affect you in the future. Symptoms of Vicodin can include nausea, vomiting, dark urination; this can cause you under coma and death. You may seek medical help even if you are behaving normally and take naloxone after contacting your doctor.
Do you need to avoid anything while taking Vicodin?
Yes, you need to avoid consuming alcohol.
Consuming alcohol with medicine will affect your body negatively.
This medicine is in itself causes drowsiness, so avoid taking any hazardous activities like driving.
It will help if you observe how your body responds. Take this medicine as prescribed; any extra dose can cause death.
If you are under any other treatment, you should stop taking Vicodin.
Vicodin side effects
Vicodin may not be suitable for you if you are suffering from severe side effects. There can be some mild symptoms that do not require any medical treatment, so you need to observe how it reacts.
Some side effects that do not require medical treatment can include:
- Drowsiness ‘
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth. These symptoms are prevalent, so you do not have to worry; take a rest and contact the doctor. Although these are common symptoms, some severe symptoms can also occur that can include
- Lung disease
- Paused breathing as this medicine attack the lungs and can cause fluctuation in breathing
- Liver problems
- Hallucinations, depression
- Infertility, sexual problems
These symptoms are severe, and you need proper guidance from your doctor.
Which drugs can interact with Vicodin?
Vicodin can interact with any other drugs you might take due to your medical history or suffering recently from this. These include
- Cold/flu medicines
- Liver problems medication
- Kidney disease
The list may not include any other diseases or illnesses. However,
you should contact your doctor if you suffer from any of the conditions mentioned above or other than this.