Showing all 2 results
What is Flexeril?
Flexeril contains cyclobenzaprine, a muscles relaxant that relaxes muscles in the brain and nervous system to treat muscles spasm.
- Flexeril is prescribed as an additional treatment with physical therapies to treat pain.
- It is one of the highly addictive medicines; therefore, it is advisable to keep track of your medicine and never share your medicine with anyone, especially those with a history of drug abuse or addiction.
- It is also advisable to take frequent medical tests while using Flexeril; please consult your doctor regarding this.
- You can buy Flexeril online or offline, provided that you hold an appropriate prescription from a doctor. It is because buying or selling without a proper prescription is strictly prohibited under the law, and authorities may hold you liable for punishment if you do so.
What to know before taking Flexeril?
Using Flexeril without medical advice can be dangerous. It works by relaxing muscles in the brain and nervous system to treat muscles spasm.
To let the medicine work more effectively, you should take care of all the necessary precautions while taking medicine.
In addition to above all, you need to consider the following things before starting your treatment with Flexeril:
- Please don’t take Flexeril if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar drugs.
- Taking Flexeril might not be that safe or effective if you have or ever had the following health disorders or history thereof:
- Thyroid disorders
- Blockage in the heart
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- Liver disease
- Enlarged prostate gland
- Difficulty while urinating
- Expecting women and lactating mothers should avoid taking Flexeril; it can harm their children and make them dependent on the medicine.
- You should avoid taking Flexeril if you have recently taken any MAO inhibitors.
- Abrupt withdrawal of the medicine can adversely affect your health; you should consult your doctor before leaving Flexeril. Your doctor will gradually decrease your medicine dose to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- You should consult your physician to learn more about the risks and benefits associated with Flexeril.
How to take Flexeril?
Flexeril should be taken as advised by your doctor because it is highly addictive and habit-forming and can adversely affect your health if taken inappropriately.
To avoid other dangerous consequences of using Flexeril, you should follow all the necessary precautions while taking it.
We also advise you to tell your doctor if you are not observing any improvement in your health condition.
Flexeril is an opioid pain medication and is an effective treatment for moderate to severe pain.
It is a dangerous medication; therefore, you should consult your doctor for the correct and suitable Flexeril dosage.
Your physician will examine you thoroughly before prescribing you suitable medicine dosages. Doctors generally consider the following things before prescribing you appropriate medicine dosages:
- Age of the patient
- Weight of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
The following are the usual Flexeril dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
In the form of oral tablets
Dosage for treating muscles spasm
- For adults
5 mg to 10 mg of the medicine orally thrice a day
- For children
Using Flexeril for treating patients younger than 18 years of age is risky; please consult your doctor before giving it to your child.
Flexeril is the first-choice treatment for muscles spasms but can cause an overdose if taken in excess. The Flexeril overdose looks like the following and causes the following overdose symptoms:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fast heartbeats
We never advise you to ignore these fatal overdose symptoms. You should therefore consult your doctor ASAP if an overdose happens. You can also seek emergency medical help by calling the poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
What to avoid while using Flexeril?
Flexeril tends to impair your thought process and cause dizziness or drowsiness. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid driving and performing any other activities that can cause severe injuries or accidents.
Taking alcohol while using Flexeril is not advisable. You may experience some dangerous side effects if you use them simultaneously.
Taking herbal products, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements might not be safe if you take Flexeril as a part of your pain treatment.
Flexeril side effects
Although Flexeril is a safe and effective medication used for treating muscles spasm, still it can cause some of the following side effects:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Dry mouth
- Stomach disorders
- Nausea or vomiting
These mild side effects don’t need much medical attention; however, you should immediately consult your doctor if they are unbearable or bothering you too much.
You should also stop taking Flexeril and take medical assistance if you experience the following health disorders:
- Irregular heartbeats
- Pain or pressure in the chest
- Pain spreading to the jaws and shoulders
- Numbness or weakness only on a particular side of the body
- Slurred speech
- Loss of balance and coordination
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
What drugs can interact with Flexeril?
Flexeril tends to interact with the following medicine and can dangerously affect your health:
- Opioid pain medication
- Sleeping pills
- Muscles relaxant
- Antiseizure or anticonvulsant
- Narcotics drugs
- Cold or allergy medication
- Medicine used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Medicine to treat stomach ulcer, motion sickness, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Medicine to treat overactive bladder
- Asthma medication
- Other over-the-counter medicines
As the interaction of Flexeril with these medicines can be life-threatening. Therefore you need to tell your health expert about all the medications and therapies before taking Flexeril.