Showing all 3 results
What is Diazepam
Diazepam is benzodiazepine. It worked by enhancing the activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
This medicine is used to treat anxiety disorders, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, or muscle spasms and stiffness. It is mainly used to treat a range of conditions, including alcohol withdrawal syndrome, muscle spasms, restless legs syndrome.
Diazepam works by claiming the brain and nerves belong to a class of the drug called benzodiazepines.
Diazepam is used to treat anxiety, alcohol withdrawal, seizures. It is also used to relieve muscle spasms and to provide sedation before medical procedures. This medicine works by calming the brain and nerves.
What to know before taking Diazepam
If you are allergic to this or if u have any of this:
- Myasthenia gravis ( a muscle weakness disorder)
- A severe breathing problem
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Severe liver disease.
This medicine is not allowed to children who are younger than 6 months or ask your doctor beforehand.
Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have the problem before like :
- Breathing problem,
- Kidney or liver diseases
- A drug or alcohol addiction
- depression, a mood disorder, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
Some of the people thought about suicide while taking diazepam. Stay active in your mood. Do not take in pregnancy without a doctor’s advice.
How to take Diazepam
Taking Diazepam prescribed for you. Read and follow directions on your prescription label and read also all the guidance. Your doctor can change the doses according to the situation. Never use this medicine in larger amounts, or for longer than prescribed. Ask your doctor if you want to increase the dose.
Measure the liquid form of the medicine very carefully. Always use the dosing measurement syringe provided, or use a medicine dose-measuring device.
Do not stop the use of this medicine all of a sudden even if you feel good. Stopping this sudden may cause seizures or unpleasant symptoms. Ask your doctor to stop these doses.
Diazepam is used for a short time. Do not take this medicine for a long time, more than 4 months without your doctor’s advice.
You will need frequent medical tests.
People with debilitating diseases:
- The usual starting dosage is 2 mg to 20.5 mg given one or two times per day.
- Your doctor can increase your dosage on the response to tolerating this medication.
- For adults who are acute alcohol withdrawal, the standard dosage is 10 mg taken by mouth three to four during the first 14 hours. This can be reduced to 5 mg taken three or four times per day as needed.
- Dosage for add-on treatment for seizures in people with epilepsy. For Age between 18 to 64 years 2 mg to 10 mg taken by mouth two to four times power day. Doctors can start you at the lowest dosage and increase it as needed based on how you are responding to and tolerating this medication.
- Take as directed by doctors. Diazepam oral tablets are used for short-term treatment. It comes with serious risk if you do not take it as directed by the doctor or prescription on labels.
An overdose of diazepam can be fatal if you take it with alcohol, opioid medicine, or other drugs that cause drowsiness or slow your breathing.
The following symptoms of overdose:
- Loss of balance
- Limp or weak muscles
- Slow breathing
- Extreme drowsiness
What to avoid while using Diazepam
Avoid drinking alcohol because it causes dangerous effects or may cause death.
Grapefruit can interact with diazepam and lead to unwanted side effects. So avoid the product which is made of grapefruits.
Avoid driving or do not any activity which is harmful to you if medicine works because it causes dizziness that can cause falls, accidents, or severe injuries.
Diazepam Side effects
If you have signs of an allergic reaction to diazepam swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Diazepam can slow or it can stop your breathing especially if you have recently used an opioid medication, alcohol, or another drug that can slow your breathing. Need medical help if you have weak or shallow breathing, if you are hard to wake up, or if you stop breathing.
Call your doctor if you have :
- Severe drowsiness or dizziness,
- Thought of suicide or hurting yourself
- Confusion, hallucination, sleep problems, or anxiety
- New or worsening seizures.
These dative effects of diazepam may last longer in older adults.
Common diazepam side effects may include:
- Feeling tired
- Muscles weakness
What drugs can interact with Diazepam
Drug interactions can change how your medication works or increase your risk for serious side effects. This drug does not interact with all drugs.
Some products that they interact with this drug include:
- Sodium oxalate
Check the labels on all your medicine (such as allergy or cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients that cause drowsiness. Before the use of this medicine ask your doctor about using products safely.